Monday 8 August 2011

We Watched..

This weekend we watched two great movies, I highly recommend them both!


Bright Star was so beautiful, so romantic, so moving. The Big One and I were entranced by the end. The cinematography, the performances, the way Ben Whishaw recites Keats' poetry all combined to make this one of the most romantic films I think I have ever seen. Their burgeoning love was so realistically paced, it was a wonderful film and I urge you to watch it if you get the chance.





The next film we saw was quite a different genre and 'beast' altogether.


Pure nostalgia for me. I am an 80's child and this has such the Spielberg touch, I really enjoyed it. That's not to say it was perfect because it wasn't but it was highly enjoyable. 

The nostalgic element has potentially clouded my judgement on whether it's a 'good' film but I would watch this again. I jumped, I gasped, I laughed and I was entirely engaged. The end was a little humdrum for me but still, I loved reliving my childhood for the 112 minutes that this was on. I could have been at someone's 12 year old birthday party about to go and have pizza after the film before we stayed over and plaited each other's hair....thankfully though I wasn't and I got to go home with The Big One afterwards instead.


"Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective, and maybe objectivity."



- Robert Morgan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...