Monday 24 May 2010

Latest Clicking and Clacking

Just thought I'd share a peek at the last knitting project I have just done having been blogging about deciding which project to get stuck into.

As a main birthday present for my friend B (who I took to the Grace Kelly exhibition) I decided to knit her a mohair shawl which could be utilised in many ways to suit all the seasons.

It took aaaaages but I was pretty proud of it and luckily she seemed to love it.  The pattern showed how by adding buttons to one side it could be used as a wrap/shawl, snood or even just a scarf.


Mohair is certainly not my favourite yarn to knit with as it's so fiddly but you can't argue with how prettily it knits up. Plus, when I can, I love giving friends something I made just for them. It feels better then any cheesy card to let them now how much I cherish their friendship.

 "When confronted with a birthday in a week I will remember that a book can be a really good present, too." 
-Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...