Monday 7 February 2011

Yum-cha, Koalas and Kangaroos - Oh My!

For my last Sunday here, Rich, Lisa and Campbell took me for a popular Sunday brunch - Yum cha! It was fantastic, we ate so much de-licious dim sum.







After brunch, Rich took me to The Koala Park Sanctuary which was incredible. 


I saw Wallabies, Possums, Cockateels, Dingoes - if it's Australian I saw it. There were Koala's resting in the trees, chickens and peacocks grazing everywhere.





And then! I got to meet a Koala face to face and stroke him. He was pretty stoned (naturally - off eucalyptus) so I'm not sure it meant as much to him as it did to me!


And then!!!
I got to feed grey kangaroos!! They have a kangaroo yard where you can meet, feed and stroke the 'roos.

Kangaroo food




Look - a Joey in her pouch!

It was honestly, incredible! A totally unforgettable day.



Koala and Kangaroo Facts:

Koalas communicate with each other by making a noise like a snore and then a belch, known as a "bellow"
An adult koala eats about 1/2 - 1 kilogram of leaves each night.
Koalas are fully grown by their third or fourth year.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
A kangaroo can jump 45 feet!
The faster kangaroos hop, the less energy they use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...