Tuesday 8 February 2011

FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out


This is an expression I have learnt from Rich and Lisa and although it is generally used in terms of social events, for me, it is mainly applicable to food.

I have returned to my room having just had dinner here at the lovely hotel I'm in til my flight back home tomorrow and it was a buffet service. I am completely and utterly stuffed because of my food fomo. If there is anything I haven't tried before or don't get to eat often, I must have it. I have great food curiosity which means I am almost uncomfortably full after at buffet in South Korea.

I got my food curiosity from my mother, she always encouraged us to try new foods, even if it was only a mouthful, this gave me a great sense of adventure in terms of cuisine. She also taught us from a very early age how to use our cutlery correctly for each course and somewhat invaluably, how to use chopsticks. These little skills combined with her encouraging us to contribute to the conversations the adults were having at the table has equipped me well come dinner time.

She also taught me to knit...

Talking of which it is time to depart, knit a bit, paint my nails and get some much needed sleep - that should help digest the grilled eel I just ate.

"I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food”
- Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...