Sunday 20 February 2011

Candles, Candles Everywhere


c/o Ane

I have recently become somewhat obsessed with scented candles, maybe it's my paranoia about having a flat that smells of cat (although I can assure you that neither Gary or Cooper smell) or maybe its just my need for creature comforts now that I am home after being absent for the play and then Australia.

I love coming into a room which has the delicate aroma of vanilla or pomegranate or even basil.

 I have taken to having candles in almost every room and they are almost always lit. You can imagine my disappointment at having bought a new batch today (from Asda Living so I guess I am to blame for my niavety) and having got them home, sparked them up....nada, not one little scent in the air.

They still look pretty and thanks to my Ikea vanilla and rose tealights I can still get my fragrance kick but I shall never again waste my pennies unless the candle in question is a guaranteed nasal delight.



“Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains...”
-Diane Ackerman

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...