Wednesday 2 February 2011

Possibly the Best Day Ever...Part 1

Today I walked miles, smiled loads and just about had a truly terrific day.

It started with a trip via train to Newtown to explore two yarn shops I had come across so...yeah...yarn shopping, I think we all know how highly that ranks on my 'favourite things to do ever' list. 

Pocket Aces.


The Granny Square was my first stop and my giddy aunt was it delightful! I have learnt while here that the main Australian yarn supplier is Morris & Sons and while being shown around the delicious boutique shop by Ruth I learned that she is one of the founders and runs the company with her sons.

She could not have been friendlier or more helpful, her patience in showing me all the Australian yarn on offer was much appreciated and her enthusiam to show me all around the shop, the patterns they have started to publish and the knitted up samples was infectious.





The lovely Ruth
After much mental wrestling I finally settled on pur-chasing one of their most popular patterns and some delicious yarn. I wanted it all!




If you are in Sydney and a knitter I cannot recommend The Granny Square more, a complete treat, especially if you get to meet Ruth!

I hope to have time to pop into their York Street store as Ruth was telling me that the upstairs floor is for exhibiting various forms of craftiness.


"Where does virgin wool come from? The sheep that runs the fastest."
-Harry F Banks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...