Sunday 1 August 2010

Home is Where the Hearth is

So you may remember that I am on a mission make the most of my badly boarded up fireplace. 


I had bought a fireplace surround on eBay


and painted it 'vintage white'.


Now I am hunting for unusual tiles to place in the surround which I will then have candlesticks on. So far I have found one (again eBay).


I also bought a WW2 Fire Guards Handbook (eBay) which is awaiting a red frame and then will be hung below the mirror.


After that it's just the embroidered firescreen to go in - I have seen my Urban Cross Stitch customised design and it's fantastic (I'm waiting for the pattern and threads to arrive before I share)!

 Then it's transformation will be complete - from ugly boarded nothingness to lovely room feature.

Hurrah!

“Home is the place where it feels right to walk around without shoes”
- Anon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...