Sunday 30 October 2011

For Red

My sister, blog-name - Red, moved to Berlin about 2 months ago now to be with her lovely boyfriend, (awkwardly) blog-named - Berlin and to have an adventure.

She has been back once for a few very busy, jam packed days and it was only then, getting some snatched moments with her that I realised quite how much I have missed her. We used to talk almost every day and knew every minute detail in each others lives. Now I can't call her and we very, very rarely get to have a proper Skype convo.

I'm delighted she grabbed the opportunity and is having a ball of a time over there I just wish I didn't feel so out of the loop with each other. The Big One and I are hoping to go and visit soon but it is taking some getting used to.

We weren't particularly close when growing up, we had almost polar opposite personalities, we didn't directly clash but we weren't really in each other's worlds. We cope with things in very different ways.

As we developed our own lives outside of our childhood home we got closer, bonded by our shared childhood and celebrated our differences rather then be isolated by them. Over the years we became a great support to each other and found we developed an incredibly close friendship that I have always treasured. When she finally moved to London I was delighted. We maintained our separate social lives and tastes but shared the details, we knew each other's friends but made time for just us, to hang out and do our thing together.

Her boyfriend, Berlin, is so lovely, one of the nicest people to ever come into her life and their relationship is a joy to witness. They are best chums, playmates and very much in love with each other. He not only supports her creativity but takes part and contributes to it too. They both now run an ever increasingly successful design label and I am delighted for her in every way.

When the opportunity came up to relocate to Berlin and share a new adventure together I was all for it and still am. I just miss her.

That's all.

Here's to you LilSm, I could not be prouder to be your BigSm xxxxxxx




"When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?  
~Pam Brown

3 comments:

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

This is really sweet, I have a sister too and I feel very fortunate!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

What a lovely story! I really envy the sisters who are close! xoxoxoo

Everything is better on the weekend said...

I am that lucky sister! and being here in Berlin makes me realize how much I treasure our friendship! I often read this post, and it never fails to make me shed a tear! xxxxx Love you Big SM x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...