Sunday 18 July 2010

All Fired Up

I found the firescreen design I wanted to be amended!

After trawling through embroidery websites, google images and eBay I finally found a Home Sweet Home Sampler pattern that with a little adapting will be the finishing touch to our mock fireplace.


The text I want is a quote from Fahrenheit 451, the cult sci-fi book about a world where books are illegal and the fireman routinely seek them out and burn them.
Guy Montag, one such fireman starts to question the logic and morality of this and the book follows his journey of self discovery.

'If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.' - Fahrenheit 451

I want the borders to be flames and the house removed and instead a bonfire on the top.

So next I had to find someone who could amend the pattern for me, I started calling embroidery companies, posting comments on embroidery online forums and just when I started to despair I went to the BUST craft fair and saw the Urban Cross Stitch stall!

Urban Cross Stitch design and sell contemporary patterns (and even full kits with the pattern, canvas, threads and needles) so you can create your own urban embroidery pieces.


I went straight over and met Phil, explained what I was looking for and he wasn't phased at all.  A few emails later and I should be able to see what Phil's come up early next week. How exciting!

So watch this space....

"It destroys the craft not to learn it"
- Irish proverb

1 comment:

What Was I Thinking? said...

I'm glad to meet another Farenheit 451 fan!
You have a great blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...