Sunday 16 May 2010

Get out your Castanets.....

I always know when Summer is approaching because (other then the weather and the 'please bring water on your journey' underground notices), the Royal Opera House start advertising their Big Screen Season.
I can't tell you how much I look forward to it! I have seen so many gorgeous ballets and operas that without this free public screening season would not be able to afford to share and delight in.
Imagine my excitement when I received the eflyer and my favorite Opera was first on the list
- Bizet's Carmen!

1896 American Production Poster


Fiery, passionate and vivacious!


Watch the trailer here 



Tuesday 8 June 7pm - find your nearest Big Screen here along with synopsis and all other scheduled performances.  I will be wishing for a perfect summer evening and planning a tapas style picnic to enjoy it all with......Hola!

"Let us have fantasy, boldness, unexpectedness, enchantment -- above all, tenderness, morbidezza!"
- Bizet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...