Monday 24 May 2010

London - I Love You

One of my favourite places in London, day or night, is the Southbank.  It makes me think of my 14 year old self desperate to get to London and pursue my dream of being an actor.  Whenever I am strolling through there, surrounded by the National Theatre, the London Eye, Westminister and Big Ben I am filled with pride that I am doing exactly that.  It continually inspires and props me up should I be having a 'London beat me up' day.

The other night I was walking through the Tower Bridge area and having never been along that part of  the river at night I was stunned at the beauty of all the contemporary buildings blazing with light against the context of the historical Thames and Tower Bridge.

 Please forgive the iphone photo quality!

"As to London we must console ourselves with the thought that if life outside is less poetic than it was in the days of old, inwardly its poetry is much deeper."
- Goldwin Smith

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...