Sunday 25 April 2010

Sunday Wanderings


What a lovely day today was! I had been working til the early hours so woke up feeling shattered.  In an attempt to shake myself awake I headed to Islington to my new favourite yarn shop, Loop in search of a certain size needle.
 
I LOVE that shop, the yarn is displayed in such an enticing way and the staff are soo nice.  In fact while in there I mentioned I was having to replace all my long circular needles with  shorter lengths for hats, one of the ladies there explained that there was a way of using the needles I already had. It's called 'The Magic Loop Method' and it is magic!  She took the time to show me by demonstrating it on the sock she was knitting and explained that it could save me a lot of money replacing needles. Result!

Feeling full of sunshine and new knitting knowledge I decided to walk home (4 miles), I only made 2 miles as I was so tired but managed to absorb a lot of sunny, leafy London views on my journey.

"Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves."
-The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...