Friday 3 August 2012

First YarnBomb: Completed!

I did it! With shaking hands and rather an alarming amount of anxious perspiration I finished and attached my first yarnbomb!

It was my last day temping for this particular creative agency and as soon as my fellow receptionist, Tats, left for the day, I took a deep breath and started attaching my yarnbomb to the desk leg.

In order to hide my fiddling hands from the rest of the studio filled with people behind me, I had moved the chairs round the leg.  I cannot tell you how nervous I was - I was actually whispering to myself to keep calm which just added to the mad yarn lady image I was trying to avoid!

Just as I finished securing the bottom section, which required me to be on my knees (not so subtle), I got caught! One of the guys in the finance department, who sits closest to Reception came over to ask me something and on seeing what I was doing, promptly sat down and in surprise and immediately wanted to know what was happening.

I was crouched on my knees, bright red holding cable ties, looking distinctly dodgy! All I could manage was a whispered, "Ssh, I'm being a yarnbomber." Needless to say he looked all the more confused...

I eventually managed to explain what I was doing and why. He seemed very taken with it and promptly offered to lift the desk, allowing me to tuck the end underneath the leg. He told me he thought it looked awesome and by then I was riding high off the adrenaline.

This could get very addictive.


Before attaching
Attached!!



They, Tats and Showgirl, found it the next morning and tweeted it so I think they liked it.

My first YarnBomb experience has taught me that:
It takes much longer then I anticipated to secure the piece.
I love cable ties.
I was much more nervous then I had thought I'd be.
It was amazing and I want to do more more more!

Hoorah!!
"Creativity is a great motivator because it makes people interested in what they are doing. Creativity gives hope that there can be a worthwhile idea. Creativity gives the possibility of some sort of achievement to everyone. Creativity makes life more fun and more interesting. "
- Edward de Bono

1 comment:

Service said...


Thanks for another great post.This is so amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...