Friday 3 August 2012

They're Baaaaaccck!!

I know I am so late in announcing I've joined the celebrations, I've been dancing non stop that's why. Too damn excited to type.

No Doubt are BACK.

On hearing their new single, Settle Down, I actually felt quite emotional. Firstly because they were back but secondly because they sounded like them. They didn't release a track based around a great hiphop hook created and bought from a faceless producer that anyone could have released. They created their No Doubt sound again and it sounds incredible to me.

No Doubt were probably the first band I became a proper fan of. I looked up to Gwen Stefani's tom boyish style and attitude, her incredibly raw stage presence. I loved the sound, the lyrics, everything.

I was introduced to Tragic Kingdom when I was about 13 I could not get enough of it. I had never heard anything quite like it. I quickly collected up every album I could and I can still sing almost all of their back catalogue word for word.

Although I enjoyed the Westwood styling of Gwen's pop solo career and let's be honest, her voice is awesome whatever she's singing, it just wasn't the same for me. I liked the band and her as the tough, in-yer-face front woman. I missed that unimitable No Doubt ska-pop-punk sound collectively created by them all.

So let the celebrations continue, No Doubt are back back back and I'm so ready to get my dance on to more!





"I think I've been able to fool a lot of people because I know I'm a dork. I'm a geek."
- Gwen Stefani

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...