Tuesday 25 January 2011

So You'll Never Guess Where I Am.....


One of my very best and oldest friends, Rich, moved to Sydney, Australia 2 years ago and being realistic I am not anticipating his long term return to London anytime soon.

Rich and I have known each other for about 16 years, he introduced me to Barbara Streisand, many Judy Garland movies and general fabulousness MGM stylee. We did shows at school together, partied and basically grew up together.  He eventually became my gay husband, my constant chum and then he left to go on an adventure and try out living somewhere new and he is loving it.

And today I got to see a glimpse of why.

Rich is celebrating his 30th birthday on Friday and so I flew out on Sunday as a total surprise to be here to celebrate every minute with him.

Needless to say he was a tad shocked and luckily, happy!

I landed here in Sydney at 7:30am, my other lovely friend Lisa picked me up from the airport (she has been my co-conspirator since the plan was hatched in March) took me to her g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s apartment to see her lully hubby Campbell and her simply delicious 7 month son Leo - who I had only met over Skype. I had a much needed shower, got changed then we drove to the cafe near their office. Lisa arranged it that I would bring out their order so I hid in the cafe, shaking with excitement and finally, emerged. I'm not sure who was more shocked to be honest!

I have kept this HUGE secret for so long and it is absolutely amazing to finally be here and see where Lisa and Rich have made their lives.

It is super hot but super gorgeous so far. After a bit of brunch, Rich took me to see the Opera House, we walked through the Botanical Gardens, under stacks of bats in the trees. It's all so much to take in!

Tonight we're having dinner with Lisa and Campbell (who's jetting off to NYC for the next few days so will miss all the birthday fun) then there's already been a million and one things planned - shows, gigs, parties - thank god I packed almost my entire shoe collection!

So for the next 2 weeks I shall be blogging all my adventures here.
Paper-Rock-Scissors is offically 'down under' but on top of the world!

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
- Tennesse Williams

1 comment:

bobsterb said...

Wishing you a great time down under. Hopefully this will be the treatment you need. Tell R I miss his bubbly energetic self. Hope you rock down under on his big 30 xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...