Thursday 27 January 2011

Two Parks: Same Time of Year

Yesterday I spent much of the day wandering in and out of The Botanical Gardens here in Sydney. Rich was at work so after a blogging/email session I headed off with my streetmap to be a tourist.

The Botanical Gardens are so beautiful, no matter where I am, I love the juxtaposition of lush green against a modern city backdrop. The skyscrapers peek out at you in gaps but turn a corner and you forget you're in a city at all. Particularly here, as ahead of you, as you leave the clearings you see: The Sea!

A-mazior!

It struck me yesterday that for the second time in a row I was wandering a large city park on my own in January. Last January I was doing a show in Belfast and so relocated there for 4 months. My digs were opposite the main park and so I took to wandering in and out when I wasn't in rehearsals. It's another beautiful space where you can get lost in the trees but January in Belfast is c-o-l-d.

This January I am in Sydney and c-o-o-k-i-n-g and am surrounded by bats screeching, tropical birds calling and the sea.


A public drinking fountain with Diana dancing on the top.



The sea!
I am mesmerised by these sleeping Bats or Flying Foxes as they're called.



P.S Just so you see what I mean about contrast, here's last year in Belfast's main park:


Walking the world's parks and loving it!



"All I need to make comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl"
-Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...