Monday 22 November 2010

Tall Ladies...or Ones I Look Up To.

Recently I was involved in a discussion about women's voices in contemporary drama, where and how they are or aren't being heard and it made me ponder on who, if any, my female role models are.

I have never thought about role models per se, there are many people in my life who I respect and admire for many reasons and inspire me to improve my outlook/attitude and sometimes wardrobe. But do I have a 'pin-up' role model? And if not is that a sad/bad thing or is it invariably the case for many of us.

I have identified several acting, directing and style icons so thought I'd start a series of posts about each one.

Starting with acting, it all begins with Bette Davis.

Some of my favourite film performances ever are of Bette Davis doing her mesmerising thing. Bursting with intensity but all painfully contained in her eyes.

Intelligent, disciplined, focused and incredibly sharp.

"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else." -Bette Davis

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...