Tuesday 20 April 2010

Detachable collars...


Although I am not entirely sold on the Miu Miu patterns for their SS10 collection I do love the idea of a detachable collar and keep thinking about them now we are officially in SS10....what a great way to inject interest in a tee....or even add a bow tie or tie and make your everyday uniform look a little bit more interesting.

Somehow though I think the Miu Miu price tag will be a little unjustifiable for me however check 'What Was I Thinking' for a cheaper alternative...I may have to have a little play...

Mar 2011 Update: I have noticed via my Stats that this post is getting a lot of traffic and so I thought it best to post up a more direct detachable collar solution (now that What Was I Thinking has sadly ceased posting), that has all the beauty and joy of the Miu Miu ones but without it's hefty price tag. My Pure Harte is a Dublin based dress maker who can make items to commission. I know from first hand experience that she can make amazing detachable collars (her peter pan lace ones are to die for) so if you fancy a bit of collar action, send her an email and she will make your detachable dreams come true. While you're in her Etsy shop, take a peruse, her dresses are di-vine!

I am certainly going to invest in a starched style collar for Spring, I will post pics when get it.

Alternatively, make one yourself and email me the results, I love a bit of inspiration to help me get my sewing machine out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...