Monday 8 August 2011

My London Was Peaceful and Gorgeous


Well no doubt you've heard about the insane rioting spreading across London as I type. It is mass looting and vandalism, there's no sense of protest, no cause, no voice wanting to be heard just gangs of kids hell bent on destruction. To attack your own communities like this is so abhorrent to me. There are innocent people trapped and terrified in their homes as mobs kick in the windows of the local electrical and trainer shops.

I really really hope it ends as soon as possible because frankly it's embarassing.

I spent my last day for 5 weeks today in the East End of London and it was beautiful.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue and all was well. I took some pics to share the day with you.








Russell Brand's eloquent and well thought out response to the riots here
"As to London we must console ourselves with the thought that if life outside is less poetic than it was in the days of old, inwardly its poetry is much deeper."

- Goldwin Smith 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...