Friday 19 August 2011

Hello Old Friend


Yesterday we started and finished the tech for the show I am here to do in Belfast. Tech's are traditionally a long, arduous, stressful and, did I mention long, experience. This tech lasted for a smooth 4 hours!! Mainly due to the fact we've done the show before, and it's style is not overly technical but still, it was the stuff of legend!

Teching the show also means that we have now officially left the rehearsal room we have been in for the last month and have relocated to our new dressing rooms and of course the theatre.

I am the only original cast member in this production and it was a lovely homecoming to step back into my costume and to be back on the set I love so much.

It was also lovely to be back in a dressing room, the show I just finished in Manchester took place in a large but old Victorian Cotton Mill. It was very 'on location'.

The theatre here is state of the art and brand-spanking new, it opened in May having been being designed and built over the last 3 years. So my dressing room is pretty swish, but then again I'm just delighted to have a room, lights, a shower and a show relay!

It will be my new home til early September when we transfer to Scotland and then to London where we will run til October.

Wish us luck!!



"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."


- Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...