Tuesday 21 September 2010

A/W 2010: A Tribute Part 1

This year I am not attending any of LFW's shows (cue tantrum re-run) however I decided instead of feeling left out I would spend the week (Mon to Fri) interpreting the A/W trends with my current wardrobe ie no shopping beforehand.  I figured it would prove an interesting experiment to use what I already have on my rails before heading to buy clothes that I may not need to express myself in the trends/looks of this season.

NB I am not a trend led gal, instead I am of course inspired by the new looks that I see in magazines/window displays and then I generally try and put my own vintage/unique inspired twist on it.

So Monday being the first day after my holiday where I had to get dressed in a way that was presentable to the outside world (aka I had to leave my house) was my tribute to 'Ladylike'.


Navy Topshop cardigan, Warehouse dress, Office shoes, vintage belt, white acrylic scissor brooch by ChilliPopElectric

All worn with a high hair wrapped pony, black eyeliner flicks and a slick of Mac Cherry Red lippie.

You'll be pleased to know, I'm sure, that all day I behaved like a lady too!

Today I have had to void as I am filming, unless Georgian nightdresses could be loosely interpreted as Boho/Romantic...?


“... let's be merry; we'll have tea and toast; Custards for supper, and an endless host of syllabubs and jellies and mince-pies, and other such ladylike luxuries”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...