Monday 6 September 2010

Time

While we're here, on holiday (hooray!), I have a couple of projects I brought with me to start on. One is the embroidered firescreen! Urban Cross Stitch sent me my fantastic customised design (complete with canvas, pattern and all the threads I will need) a little while ago but I was busy finishing some knitted commissions so put it to one side to bring with me. And if I'm honest I wanted to be able to at least start it using my full and undivided attention.

I can't wait to begin it but am aware it will be an enormous project! The pattern does strike some fear into me (I'm an embroidery beginner) but Phil from UCS has assured me he is on email happy to help with any pickles I may get myself into.  Plus The Big One's mum is a much celebrated patchwork quilt artist so I'm sure she'll be of invaluable help.


My plan this holiday is to simply relax and absorb. I want to return to London with a clearer head, shake off this fatigue which has been muddling me and return to form.

It's been an intense couple of months and I look forward to just stitching and reading, digesting everything in my own time.


“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.”
- Sarah Caldwell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Fahrenheit 451 in sixth grade, it was a little hard to swallow and confusing for my young brain though. Great quote!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...