Thursday 10 June 2010

Sick of Feeling Sick!


I have been ill for 5 days now. Not bedridden ill but annoying, day disturbing, energy sapping ill.

I knew it was coming, I've been working like a mule, I moved flat and had a HUGE bundle of stress to manage. As soon as my stress load starts to get easier my body ALWAYS throws something at me. 

It started with an annoying cough a week ago, then became a sore, scratchy throat. Then it was a burning chest and throat and total loss of voice. Next a chesty cough and full blown head cold. Today,  (my first day off in several weeks) I had long lists of things to do so I had hoped today would be a doddle but no. Instead I felt weak, shaky and nauseous. The cough is now an irritating dry cough and the head cold is painful sinuses.

I am bored of it! I have things to do!

Despite my very indulgent moaning, I am fully aware that my annoying cold is not illness. I am not suffering.  I have a friend who knows full well what that is, he's one of the bravest people I know.

He has Cystic Fibrosis and 2 years ago came horrifically close to losing his lifetime battle with it.  Luckily he won, with the help of some brand spanking new lungs and he has been grabbing his new quality of life with both hands. He's just discovered he's diabetic but I know he will face that head on, like every challenge he's had, with great courage, good humour and inspirational positivity. 
 
Because that's just who he is. 
 
One hell of a tough cookie and a bloody great chum too.

Now if he can handle all of that, I can handle a stupid cold!

P.S Please sign up to the Organ Donor Register so more people like my brave friend can get the second chance they, and their families and friends, want so badly and deserve so much.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." 
~Winston Churchill

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...