Thursday 26 January 2012

A Season of Tea Parties

So while I have been at home I have been hosting a couple of tea parties for my fellow out of work/resting actor chums.



I made a selection of carrot cake cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting and choc chip and mixed nut cookies.

They have been going down a treat! And it was a nice way to spend the day, baking for friends and then enjoying their company. I was given a fantastic book by a lovely friend for Christmas which I am really looking forward to delving into, the first Vintage tea party will of course have to wait until he's available to be the guest of honour.


It has recipes for every palate, decoration ideas, patterns for fascinators and aprons and even tips on how to style your hair and make up for your tea party extravaganza!


"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
 ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

1 comment:

claire said...

eeeeeee i NEED that book!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...