Wednesday 6 June 2012

Lets Pretend Nothing Happened...

Hello! My goodness where has the time gone? I lost my blogging mojo to be honest, not sure whether I became uninspired or just lazy...maybe both! However I am now back - have you missed me?

So what have I been doing? Well I got a small part in an episode of a rather cool telly show which I am forbidden to discuss but can say it was lots of fun and will be on in the autumn.

The Big One and I went to Goa (gorgeous gorgeous Goa) and visited Red and Berlin in... Berlin to celebrate our 13th anniversary and have a sneak peek into their world - which was awesome!

Other then that and temping, I have been knitting....cor blimey have I been knitting!


Fishnet Anklets for Red's Birthday in Koigu Mori

Iphone Cover for Painter

Giant Snood for ME in a Mohair Mix
An Oystercard holder for PeeWee - awaiting delivery


PLUS a jumper for Patch, which I can't show you yet as it's her birthday pressie, a pair of socks for me which I'll share as soon as I take pics, a load of theangrystitch etsy shop commissions AND some pieces for the luxury hand knitwear company The North Circular.

I have joined their rank of knitters across the country and have been knitting up a couple of pieces for them. A few of us indirectly collaborated recently to knit up an exclusive capsule collection for the World Wildlife Fund's annual Pandamonium event. North Circular designed a luxury set and we knit it up. I did the intarsia gloves...what do you think?


Pretty awesome huh!? The whole look walked the catwalk at the charity event and then went into an exclusive auction raising over £3,000 for WWF!


Here's the blurb;

We are the leopard who must voyage to change our spots, 2012

British wool from rare breed Wensleydale sheep Dimensions variable, nine pieces

Inspired by Lily Cole and Katherine Poulton, the North Circular produces contemporary knitwear from rescued Wensleydale sheep, knitted by grannies. The wool’s route from sheep to scourer, spinner, dyer and knitter is all within a 120-mile ‘north circular’ route.

For WWF’s Pandamonium, the North Circular invented its first print: a “snow- glazed leopard print, voyaging across the ice with giant over-sized pieces inspired from the current collection; over-sized to emphasise the massive problem we face”. This unique piece is for sale. A version of the hat will also be available at a later date as a special edition through the North Circular, with proceeds going to WWF.

Yup, I'm a very proud knitter!


"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour."
 ~Author Unknown


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...