Monday 5 July 2010

Spoilt for Choice

We (moi et le Grand Un) have some of the best friends anyone could wish for!

One of our good friends....I shall name him....Espagne....has recently been assisting a landscape gardener and he claims he has caught the gardening 'bug'. Our new home came with a garden, our very own garden yet it is a horrible mess of gravel and weeds. We had been planning to somehow turn it into something beautiful when along came....Espagne! Having heard about our project he has offered his new and  invaluable services and skills and has been clearing out the existing wreck and prepping it for whatever we choose to turn it into.

He has been turning up, in his own time and getting stuck in. It already looks unbelievably better! He has pretty much returned it to a blank canvas and has now asked me to consider the type of garden I want, the flowers and plants to get and he will turn my vision into a reality!

What an amazing gift! I keep asking him if we can offer him something, anything! A fridge full of treats if not dosh but he insists he enjoys it and wants nothing in return.

So I have been thinking and mulling away to come up with my ideal garden. I kind of already knew what I wanted (cottage style with natural border elements) but having never been a green fingered one, frankly I was a bit intimidated by the task at hand, but now, now, I have someone to guide me through it. I couldn't be more excited!

These are a few pretties I saw today to add to my nursery shopping list.



"A garden must combine the poetic and the mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy."
- Luis Barragan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...