Wednesday 27 July 2011

Queen of Camden

Graffiti image of Amy which appeared in Camden on Monday

I feel it would be wrong to not mention Amy Winehouse but at the same time I don't really know what I could say that hasn't already been said (and said beautifully) in the last few days. If you haven't read Russell Brand's post For Amy, do. It is a beautifully written and important piece.

I wasn't a die hard fan, but I was a fan. I doubt there was anyone who wasn't blown away by her voice, her lyrics, her musicality, her style and her down to earth nature in interviews. She was an incredible musician and I think it's fair to say London was proud to call her one of their own.

She had an immense talent and she appeared to be a lovely, loving, funny, bubbly girl, a much loved daughter, sister, godmother, the waste of it all is simply depressing. 

27 is no age to die, whatever the reasons, it's too young.


"I'm of the school of thought where, if you can't sort something out for yourself, no one can help you. Rehab is great for some people but not others."
 - Amy Winehouse 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...