Sunday 6 March 2011

Out with the Old and In the with the NEW!

c/o Style Magazine
c/o Style Magazine
Marc Jacobs
c/o fashionrising
c/o Style Magazine

I am finding all these images for Spring wardrobes so tantalisingly full of cheery, chirpy colour that frankly it is making me want to throw out all of my current wardrobe and invest in a new, technicolour one.

If I could trade my black, grey and plum winter wardrobe for aquas, fuschias and pale lemon yellows I would skip everywhere everyday.

BUT really what appeals is the trade of seasons which I am sooo beyond ready for. This cold, damp grey has lasted for what seems a lifetime and I am desperate for the sun to wake me up in the morning. I want to be back out in my garden looking after my new emerging bulbs and clearing all the brown, glum leaves left over from autumn and winter.

There's no point wearing a palette of bright colour if the scenery outside is still muted. Firstly I'd be bloody cold in a thin spring outfit and strappy flats - my chilly blue/corn beef legs would clash in an non aesthetically pleasing manner and my spring fling feeling would soon shrivel as the shivers took over.

So until the weather changes from glum to glee, my dull, but warm, winter wardrobe will be safely hanging on it's rail unchallenged...for now.


"If you want an interesting party sometime, combine cocktails and a fresh box of crayons for everyone."
~Robert Fulghum

1 comment:

Cherisse said...

Love these images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...