Monday 10 January 2011

Thank you and Goodnight

c/o Ashlee Kelly

It's done! Finished! Finito! Over!

Last night at 7:30pm we took our last bow, the curtain came down for the final time and I could not have been happier. I actually felt the weight of unhappiness lift off my shoulders and the tears of relief started. That was one miserable job.

I would like to thank those of you who's constant messaging and calls kept me going because they made all the difference. To have cheer and chirpiness from; The Big One, The Roving Chef, HawkandFallow, Agent Buddy, Red, Irish and My Lovely Dad consistently reminded me I have so much in my life to smile about.  Whenever I felt lost and lonely you guys were there often before I even articulated it and for that and so many things I thank you  - I am one lucky lucky gal.

 Now there were positives to glean - 
Due to the cardio nature of the show twice a day I have firmer legs and ass - bonus! 
I now know I can sing on stage and my voice got much stronger throughout the run. 
I feel so much more like me, for a long time (waaaay before this job) I have felt I was struggling and somehow a lot of that has gone or is going.

The main positives though I think are the friendships I made, it's very rare to make genuine friends on jobs in this business but I think I may have found three. Together we were the Train Gang and our daily commute became something to truly look forward to. We each laughed, cried and talked and vented (there was a lot of venting). As one commented it was almost like group therapy. I will genuinely miss our journeys.

We made our last journey together last night after the show and we had a train party all the way, the champagne flowed, the cheese and biscuits were shared and we roared with relief and laughter.  It was magic.


 “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end”
-Ursula K LeGuin

1 comment:

Hawk and Fallow said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Breath the freedom in deeply. I know this has been a really difficult journey but you displayed such graceful courage, strength and stamina. I am so very proud of you. You are an inspiration.
Now, how about some celebrations?! xxx
www.hawkandfallow.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...